Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Best and Worst Band Names of all time?

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Volumumus Maximus


    I like that one!
    Heh, did you wear mumus on stage, or is that a typo?
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    worst "dexy's midnight runner's"
    "starland vocal band"
    "the cowsills"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops Rocketmaster, My stuff shells were ready to come out of the oven and I didn't proof read my post.

    I could imagine a heavy metal band wearing flowered Mumus...LOL

    We were called Volumous Maximus

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    totally, Charlie. I agree.

    The absolute worst band name I have ever heard was 'Down Syndrome'. They were signed by an MCA offshoot that thankfully made them change the name before releasing their CD.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ellanoize:
    I could imagine a heavy metal band wearing flowered Mumus...LOL
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! That would be great Ella! I'm thinkin' mumus, hairy chests and pearls. I'd pay double to see that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Once after a particularly inebriated reheasal my new band started discussing band names.
    Some of the most godawful names you can imagine were being brought up. Some not so godawful too though.
    Suddenly our bassist (Frankenstein Melnick) turns around and he's got pieces of electician's tape all over his face.
    "We can call ourselves Tape Face" he hollered exuberantly!

    One of our songs was called Strange Frankenstein.
    And he was!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought Quiet Riot was a great name.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While living in souther California, I worked with a couple of bands that had great names'
    Bovine Fetish
    Fear Of Clowns (later Fear Of Clouds)

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A couple names I never cared for:
    A-HA
    Fountains of Wayne
    Bananarama
    There were songs I liked, but what's up with those names??

    Some names I liked:
    The Fabulous Thundergirds
    The Fine Young Cannibals
    Blue Oyster Cult

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Before anyone makes any comments, thats supposed to be The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Minus 5 points for spelling LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic